Wednesday, November 22, 2006

New era in wealth - does it matter

Last week I was in NYC and on the way back home I picked up a copy of Forbes magazine's 400 richest people in US. I bought the magazine simply for the cover - top 400 richest people in the US and they were ALL Billionaires. So, I just realized that being a millionaire is no longer that big of a deal, being a multi millionaire isn't a big deal anymore (this is where I self disclose again, I am not either one of those). The problem with this feature in the article is that it only goes to show the big disparity between what the perceived definition of “rich” is and further crushes the realities of what the majority of people actually need to be successful and financially secure/ successful.

I would like to see an article on the top 400 people who saves $500,000.00 from people who didn’t think they could. A list of people who, like the masses, go to work, get a paycheck and repeat the process. The reality that we all cannot start the next mega company is real and even more real is that we have a less chance in winning the lottery. So unless we all have rich families with deep inheritance pockets – how will we reach financial success? What will force normal, average people to learn how to build wealth?

No comments: